Thursday, October 2, 2008

MBAs and Linked In


I just started my career, but that question has been creeping. What are you going to do next

-You give up 2 years of income (and you get to recover a tiny bit with an internship...oh la la)

-By the time you do this, living with your parents is no longer an option, so you have quite a bit of living expenses.

-You have tuition that costs 30,000$ a YEAR!!

And if you don't go to a Top Selective University (at least a Top 20 school for the people from the states, and a Top 3 school for your own country if you are not from US of A), then your starting income won't be that glamorous. Yup....its designed to be a tough choice.

So what has this all to do with Linked In. Well I recently joined that social networking site, and I am simply amazed at the number of engineers with MBAs I see...that don't use the degree at all, or in a extremely minor way. It just goes to show you that you really need to have a plan before thinking of embarking in the MBA journey and accepting all the sacrifices it entails.

That being said...I still wanna get one...I hear they make six-figure salaries and get to do some interesting work like creating financial models :D

No comments:

Post a Comment