Sunday, August 8, 2010

MBA Admission and Business Cases

It has been a while since I have written an article, a mixture of being busy and not having my priorities straight.

In the meantime, I have recently received the good news that I will be starting my MBA degree at a well-known local school in my hometown. Hopefully, as I progress through my degree, the quality of my posts should improve with better thought-out articles and references...along with a higher frequency of posting. My goal would be to produce 50 articles in a year...that basically means one post per week though I doubt I will post one per week, more like two-three-four every 3 weeks.

I am also going to change the direction and purpose of the finance school website with a more broad subject definition...anything related to business or money is good enough to be published...whether it is the labor market or quantitative finance or the price of goods & services.

One thing I have learned from perusing MBA programs is that one of the best business schools in Canada, the Richard Ivey School of Business (Western Ontario) sells management cases that its professor produces. They are all seem to be priced at 3$ USD and range from 5-20 pages. I might purchase one of these to then post my analysis on the site. And they are half the price of what you would have to pay as an individual if you wanted cases from the Kellogg School of Management (NorthWestern).

Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment